Sunday 4 July 2010

experiencing the 'Collective Unconscious'

A few days ago, I was thinking quite deeply and all of a sudden, the word 'Syncronicity' popped into my head. I wasn't sure exactly what it meant, but it seemed to be some urging from somewhere to go look into it and see what it meant.

From the Skeptics Dictionary http://www.skepdic.com/jung.html
"Synchronicity is an explanatory principle, according to its creator, Carl Jung. Synchronicity explains "meaningful coincidences," such as a beetle flying into his room while a patient was describing a dream about a scarab. The scarab is an Egyptian symbol of rebirth, he noted. Therefore, the propitious moment of the flying beetle indicated that the transcendental meaning of both the scarab in the dream and the insect in the room was that the patient needed to be liberated from her excessive rationalism. His notion of synchronicity is that there is an acausal principle that links events having a similar meaning by their coincidence in time rather than sequentially. He claimed that there is a synchrony between the mind and the phenomenal world of perception."

From the same article I found a link to the 'Collective Unconscious' http://www.skepdic.com/collectiveun.html which pretty much explains this phenonema with this word popping into my head. It's another soul prompt- something is calling me to learn more, to look deeper. I'm feeling more deeply than I have ever felt, and my whole view of all things is changing. I feel like I'm just learning how to really listen again- how to really observe. There is a pattern to everything- and being in touch with my intuition, and surrendering my need to judge the situation, or control it- my blinkers have come off- I'm seeing things as they really are. There is so much beauty to the process of human growth, even though it's painful at times.




No comments:

Post a Comment